PostHeaderIcon 4 Best Free WordPress Email Newsletter Plugins

Email Newsletter Plugins

If you want to be a serious blogger, then you have to build your own mailing list.

No matter wherever you are seeking information on how to become a successful blogger, you’ll find the same answer for sure. Yes, you need to build an email list!

In order to optimize and facilitate you in build your email list, you need a tool that can do that for you.

One is by using email newsletter plugins. These plugins will allow you to send emails on a large scale and you can do all of that from your WordPress dashboard.

To facilitate you in build your email list, I have compiled a list of the best newsletter plugins for WordPress.

Here are 4 best email newsletter plugins that can be downloaded free from your WordPress dashboard:

1. Email Newsletter Plugin

Email Newsletter

Email Newsletter plugin has several options to facilitate you to send email in HTML version for users who are already registered, either by commenting, subscribing or via Simple Contact Form.

Your visitor’s information will be stored in a database. And you, as plugin user, will have the capability to view your visitor’s email.

Your users will receive an email that is sent automatically based on activity related to that user.

So you don’t have to be bothered manually send newsletters to your subscribers.

2. Newsletter Plugin

Newsletter

The next plugin is Newsletter. This plugin works almost the same as the previous plugin. However, there are additional widgets that you can plug in the sidebar or footer.

You can download this plugin for free. However, in order to send emails to all your subscribers, it requires you to create your own list manually.

This plugin will be facilitating you to send your email marketing massively. Another good news is the number of emails that can be accommodated is unlimited!

This plugin has been downloaded more than 100 thousand times by WordPress users.

Recommended Reading >> 4 Top WordPress Plugins to Make Your Website Mobile Friendly

3. SendPress Newsletters

SendPress Newsletters

SendPress Newsletters plugin is a plugin which has all the features you need from an email newsletter plugin. When you use it, you will realize that this plugin is very easy to use.

You can easily create a list of newsletter subscription with widget that serves to gather subscriber emails and manage your subscribers.

By using this plugin you can easily send email simultaneously and it’s does not require third-party systems such as MailChimp, AWeber, etc.

Until now SendPress still provided for free and you can download this email newsletter plugin directly from your WordPress dahsboard.

4. MailPoet Newsletters

MailPoet

The last plugin is MailPoet Newsletters plugin. MailPoet is one of the plugins that you can download for free, but you can also use the premium version to get more great features from it.

One of the differences between the free version and the premium; it can be found in number of subscribers which are allowed to send newsletters.

For the free version, you are only allowed to send newsletters for 2,000 subscribers. If you want to send more than that, then you need premium version.

MailPoet will facilitate you to send emails to customers automatically when you update the latest posts or promotion of your website. It is one of the uniqueness of this email newsletter plugin.

Newsletters in WordPress should not be hard to do and this plugin will give you that kind of experience.

This is a plugin that is most used by WordPress users rather than three other plugins. It has been downloaded more than 200 thousand times.

Recommended Reading >> 6 Strategies to Increase Newsletter Readership

Currently you can get these plugins for free. However, if you want optimal results, then you should try the premium plugins.

Now, all you have to do is try this plugin one by one and see which one works well with you. Remember, you only need to install one of these plugins on your blog.

Also, you don’t have to worry that these plugins will jeopardize your blog because it’s very safe and coded cleanly. 😉

If you think that I have missed some useful plugins, you can add them in the comments field below. I would be delighted if you do so.

Feel free to share it on your social networks if you find this article useful. I’m very grateful if you do that. 🙂

Now, it’s your turn..

Are you familiar with these plugins?
Which one that you love most and why?

Nanda Rahmanius

Nanda Rahmanius

I'm a Blogger, Internet Marketer and Online Entrepreneur who Work at Home Online. Internet Addicts. Have Big Dreams and
Keep Learning to Become Professional Blogger. Join me on my Blogging Journey. Follow Instagram | @NandaRahmanius
Nanda Rahmanius

Latest posts by Nanda Rahmanius (see all)

34 Responses to “4 Best Free WordPress Email Newsletter Plugins”

• Craig says:

Hey Nanda – At first I wasn’t sure about the value add in these plug-in’s. I mean if you are building an email list, whatever service you are using has the ability to send newsletters/emails to your subscribers.

However, after taking a further look Email Newsletter Plugin, I see that you can email anyone that leaves a comment on your blog. Interesting.

I wonder what the legalities are of this. My thought is with an email list, people are subscribing and giving you permission to send them emails. If you start blindly sending emails to someone that simply leaves a comment, are you crossing the ethical boundary? I don’t know the answer to this, just thinking out loud.

What are your thoughts on that?

Good list here Nanda. Have yourself a great week!

Craig
    Craig recommend you to read >> 21 Must Click Links On Guest PostingMy Profile

• Hi Craig,

Yes, I understand your point and I agree with you.
      However, the points you addressed only applies to one plugin only, namely Email Newsletter Plugin. If you carry it so, indeed, it will cross the line of ethics. 🙂

But, I think, it depends on the blog owner. I mean, if the blog owner has written a very high quality article and he/she felt that their readers need to know this information, then it is fine if he/she sends an email notification to the readers.

But indeed, it would be a problem if the blog owner send an email to every article that he/she wrote. It would be very disturbing.

Moreover, not all plugins have such a feature. I think, it can be said as an alternative option only. You can use it or not use it. Everything is up to you. 🙂

In fact, if you feel that it will disturb your readers, you do not need to use the plugin at all and instead use another plugin. 😉

Thank you very much for your good question, Craig.
      I learned something from your comment. 🙂

Have a great week for you too!

Nanda
      Nanda Rahmanius recommend you to read >> 4 Best Free WordPress Email Newsletter PluginsMy Profile

• Christy says:

Well to be honest I never used any of the listed plugins and I’m really thankful to you for sharing these free wordpress newsletter plugins.
    Christy recommend you to read >> 5 Top Reasons That You Should Host Your Website with HostGatorMy Profile

• Carol Amato says:

Hi, Nanda,

Interesting post for sure! I use ActiveCampaign for list building and email marketing and use double opt in where folks have to confirm in order to be added to my list. I also have an ActiveCampaign plugin for my WordPress blog that integrates seamlessly.

Further, I use Thrive Leads which integrates well with WordPress, so even though I am not in need at this time, I want to thank you for the heads up!

The one that allows you to email commenters, it’s actually beyond what I would like done to me, so I would not use that one.

Have a great day. 🙂

˜Carol
    Carol Amato recommend you to read >> The 5 Productivity Secrets To Spectacular Online SuccessMy Profile

• Hi Carol,

Wow, you are really using a lot of tools here. I’m glad you can find which one is best for you. Good for you. 😉

Yes, I am also not going to use a plugin like that too. Well, I learned from you though. I remember when I first tag you in my article. 😆

Thanks for stopping by, Carol.
      Have a great day for you too!

• Andrew says:

Hey Nanda,

Interesting post.

For another blog I operate, I actually use MailPoet and MailChimp combination. I like and trust Mail Chimp more but I do think MailPoet has some great things going on for themselves as well.

Building a list is crucial and you need to get an autoresponder that meets and exceeds your needs. I know for my main site, I use GetResponse and I’m very happy with that for the moment.

Great post here.

– Andrew
    Andrew recommend you to read >> What Farming Can Teach Us About Content MarketingMy Profile

• Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your nice words. It’s encourages me. 😉

Yes, I agree with you. Since MailPoet is a plugin with the highest download numbers. So, I believe it is a great plugin, not to mention the premium version of it.

I could not agree more about it. Currently, I personally use INinbox to build my list. But that does not rule out the possibility I would try other platforms. 😉

Thanks for share your thoughts with us, Andrew.
      Hope you are having an awesome week ahead!

Nanda
      Nanda Rahmanius recommend you to read >> 50 Productivity Tips to Boost Your Brain PowerMy Profile

• Gary Mathews says:

Thanks for thank helpful tips! I’m had success with MailChimp also.
    Gary Mathews recommend you to read >> My Favorite Color is RedMy Profile

• Bonnie Gean says:

Hi Nanda,

I haven’t heard about any of the newsletter plugins you’ve featured above. I’ve always used Aweber and didn’t see the need to add a plugin to my blog (especially when some of them affect blog speed.)

More than ten years ago, I used Autoresponder Plus to send out newsletters. One of the features of this product allowed us to use our hosting email to send newsletters.

It was fine in the beginning, but as subscribers started to complain they were getting (spam mail), even when they weren’t, it made it harder to get past the ISP gatekeeper.

I’ve since switched over to Aweber, so I won’t need needing a plugin. By the way, do these plugins send email through your hosting account or through a delivery service?

– Bonnie
    Bonnie Gean recommend you to read >> How to Create a Dazzling Pie Chart in PowerpointMy Profile

• Hi Bonnie,

It’s good to see you here.

I’m glad you can enjoy your time with AWeber, since I’ve never used it yet. It could be a reference for me. 🙂

Then about how these plugins to send email, to be honest, I have not fully know about it yet. So, I am looking for some references from reviews about these plugin. I quote a review of MailPoet:

“If your hosting company is bluehost or you are on a shared server for your wordpress site, it’s not that easy to set up third party mail delivery service. As you see, even I chose the one that mailpoet had integrated API built it, still have lots of issues to send.”

“Until mailpoet has it’s own mail delivery service, the integration and maintenance of the integration with a third party delivery service is a big issue. Can cost lots of time and energy”

I hope it can be useful for you. Forgive me for this inconvenience. I need to learn more about it. 🙂

Thanks for stopping by and share your thoughts with us, Bonnie.
      Have a great week ahead!

Nanda
      Nanda Rahmanius recommend you to read >> THANKS To My Comment Authors ~ April 2015 Engagement Report!My Profile

• Jane says:

Hey Nanda,

Thanks for compiling this list. I’ve never heard of any of these plugins to be honest, but it is nice to know these plugins do well and serve the purpose.

I use GetResponse and for some businesses Aweber. I’m happy with both of them. For capturing leads I use a combination of Magic Action Box, Ninja pop up and few pieces of manual coding. So far works good for me so I am not looking out.

But I do get questions from my readers who ask about free email newsletter plugins and I am sure I can send them to this post.

Thanks once again Nanda and have a great week!

Cheers,
    Jane.
    Jane recommend you to read >> How to boost engagement of your blog for good?My Profile

• Hi Jane,

It’s always good to see you here. 🙂

Thank you so much for your nice words. I really appreciate it.

Wow, I know some new tools from your comment. Honestly, for some tools that you have been using, it is the first time I heard about them.

Oh yes, that’s good. I hope you readers can get something useful from this article. And thank you for sending this article to them. You really made my day! 😉

Thanks for coming here, Jane.
      Hope you are having an awesome week ahead and I wish for your success!

• Hi Nanda,

Informative post indeed 🙂

You are right about building your mailing list, which we realized rather late, but better late than never as they say!

Yes, we have seen and tried all of these and went with MailPoet too, which I think works well, though you should keep trying and testing other options as and when you get the chance. The free ones will of course have their limitations, but this one was good. One doesn’t need to paid options as yet, till you have some business or things to offer, which then becomes necessary. I guess in time we’d go for those, once we tread that path.

Thanks for sharing. Have a nice week ahead 🙂
    Harleena Singh recommend you to read >> Shocking Facts About Infidelity In Marriages [Infographic]My Profile

• Hi Harleena,

Thanks for your nice words. 😉

Yes, the same as you. I am a bit late realizing it as well, although at this time my subscribers are still not so much yet..hehe 😀

Oh yes, I agree with you. Indeed, MailPoet is the best of all of these. It can be seen from the number of downloads.

Indeed, if you use it for personal, maybe you do not need the premium version. But, it would be another story if you use it for some businesses. 🙂

Thanks for stopping by and share your thoughts with us, Harleena.
      Hope you are having an awesome week ahead!

• Christy says:

SendPress Newsletters is my favorite among all the newletters plugins listed here.

Thanks

• Hi, Nanda, I wasn’t aware of all these options.

Up until recently I did use the MailPoet plugin. I spent a lot of time designing a responsive email template and it looked great. At that time responsiveness wasn’t built into Mailpoet but I know it was on their agenda (and by now they may well have implemented it). I would definitely recommend it to antone looking for an email plugin.

I’ve moved from Mailpoet to Mailchimp as it gives me more flexibility in design. And I want to get away from plugins where I can, I have so many!

Thanks for a great selection, enjoy the rest of the week!
    Donald McLeman recommend you to read >> 11 places to find business ideas onlineMy Profile

• Hi Donald,

Yes, MailPoet is a popular free plugin. It can be seen from the number of downloads. 😉

I’m glad to know that you have found a tool that works well for you. I wish you had success with MailChimp. 🙂

Thanks for stopping by and share your thoughts with us, Donald.
      Hope you can enjoy the rest of your week as well.

• Emebu says:

Hi Nanda,

I must confess, i am not aware of these plugins trust me. Thanks for sharing these herein, i am going to give these a trial.

• Samir says:

At first I should ask does these plugins have some limitations? its really nice to try these free wordpress plugins. I have already tried some premium versions lets try these too.

Thanks
    Samir recommend you to read >> TOP 10 Google Play Store Banned appsMy Profile

• Hi Samir,

Good to see you here. 🙂

Yes, it’s there. You can find it on MailPoet. For the free version, you can only send emails to the 2000 subscribers. If you want to send email more than that, then you should try the premium version. 🙂

Thanks for your comment here, Samir.
      I really appreciate it. Have a great week ahead!

• Hey Nanda
    Thank You for such useful informative post. You have provided the information of the best plugins under WordPress for the email newsletter.

It’s very important to build email list. I will surely try few of them.

Thank You for such a wonderful post.
    Yash Birajdar recommend you to read >> 15 Best Websites On The Internet To Find Free Images For Your BlogMy Profile

• Hi Nanda,

Nice complied list! I am not using WordPress but I am definitely sharing this post as many of my friends are using WordPress. 🙂

For blogger we have HTML and CSS codes for the Newsletter signup forms. Plugins are the same but in a packed form. The interesting and good thing is all these four plugins are free. 😉

Thanks for sharing. Have a nice day.
    ~ Rohan.
    Rohan Chaubey recommend you to read >> The Dark Side Of Blogging: Lessons From Expert Bloggers [Expert Speak 2]My Profile

• Hi Rohan,

Thanks for your nice words. I really appreciate it.

Also, I really appreciate you because you have taken time to read this even if you are not a WordPress user. It’s very kind of you. 😉

Yes, all of them are free. But, you can use the premium version to get more features.

Thanks for stopping by and share your thoughts with us, Rohan.
      Thanks for the kind share as well. Enjoy your weekend!

Nanda
      Nanda Rahmanius recommend you to read >> Affordable Digital Signage Cost for EveryoneMy Profile

• Adrienne says:

Hey Nanda,

I wasn’t aware of any plugins like this but thanks for this post and bringing them to my attention.

I started getting emails recently from a few blog owners who implemented something similar to this and they are wanting me to come back around and comment more. Of course I knew it was automated the way it was addressing me and not a personal email so I didn’t like it at all. They could have approached me if that were the case. So any plugin that’s going to do that I’m not for it.

I would think though that most people would have an autoresponder service that would do all of this because we both know there are free ones out there too. Maybe for those that don’t want to go that route these would come in handy.

They are always coming out with new things everyday so thanks for this list.

~Adrienne
    Adrienne recommend you to read >> When Blogging Is Just Not ImportantMy Profile

• Hi Adrienne,

Yes, I also just found it. That is why I publish it. Since I know, then I want to share about it.

Of course, I also did not like the email that is sent automatically. I also want a personal email. By doing so, I feel close to and appreciated. 🙂

Thanks for your valuable thoughts, Adrienne.
      Always good to see you here. Hope you are having an awesome weekend!

• Hi Nanda,

Thanks for this. I like to keep my options open on tools that will make things easier for me.

I haven’t heard of any of these actually. I have enough plugins for now and will start the process of getting rid of a couple when I decide to put my coding hat on (may be awhile LOL)

Have a good week Nanda.
    Steven J Wilson recommend you to read >> How to Create Infographics That Get Hundreds Of Repins On PinterestMy Profile

• Hi Steven,

You are welcome. It was my pleasure to added value 🙂
      Glad to know you liked the article.

Yes, we must get rid of some of them if they are no longer useful. I’ve experienced server down because of this issue though.

Thanks for stopping by and adding your voice in here, Steven.
      Hope you are having an awesome day!

• Sunday says:

Hi Nanda,
    WordPress makes it easier for users to explore different software with ease. Luckily, email newsletter plugin are among the different software that users of this platform can leverage to effectively achieve success in their marketing.

The list is cool. I still use Mail Poet and I urge newbies and expert online marketers alike to take try this plugin.

However, users must learn that “free” versions cannot give them great features like Premium versions!
    This comment was shared in kingged.com as well.
    Sunday recommend you to read >> 4 Best Free WordPress Email Newsletter PluginsMy Profile

• Hi Sunday,

It’s good to see you here. 😉

Yes, I agree with you. With these plugins every newbie bloggers will be able to build their own e-mail list without having to pay for it. Well, there are many bloggers who started blogging without having a lot of money to be spent though. This plugin will be a lifesaver for them. 🙂

Thank you for sharing your thoughts using MailPoet. If you were recommending it, I believe it is a plugin that is worth to give a shot. 😀

Oh yes, if we want a more powerful features, then we should try the premium version of them.

Thanks for stopping by and share your thoughts with us, Sunday.
      Hope you are having an awesome day.

Nanda

Please Share Your Thoughts/Ideas/Questions Here...

While all comments are read and appreciated, only comments using HUMAN NAMES will be approved. Comments with link SPAM will not be approved. Please use your REAL NAME and COMMENTS PROPERLY. Don't SPAM!!

CommentLuv badge